Full Terms and Conditions for Hire for Cologin
The booking form must be made by a person over 16 years of age who agrees on behalf of all named persons to abide by this Contract.
1. Contract – When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your deposit payment has cleared and your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing by post or email. Provisional bookings will be held for a maximum of seven days and will only be confirmed on receipt of the booking form and deposit or full payment if your arrival day is within 30 days of booking. The Contract shall be deemed to have been made at our offices at Cologin and be subject to Scottish Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts. These conditions of hire form the basis of our contract with you. If you make a booking by phone we will confirm by email or by post and a contract will exist on receipt of your confirmation in writing.
2. Terms – The prices shown include the provision of bed linen and towels and an ‘end of stay’ clean in all properties. However, if the accommodation is left in a particularly poor state an ‘excess cleaning charge’ may be applied. Electricity is paid for as a fixed fuel charge . VAT on your accommodation rental is included at the applicable rate of 20% – we reserve the right to alter prices should the VAT rate change during the year. Prices may be discounted for various reasons, however, only one discount is ever applicable and in general discounts only apply off season and cannot be applied retrospectively. Please note our booking terms apply to all bookings through our website, verbally or via a third party booking agency.
3. Parties – The total number in your party shall not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised with the exception of babies under 2 in our Inner Hebridean lodges, Cruachan and Cologin Farmhouse only. All male/female and non family groups are accepted only at our discretion and will be liable for a £50 security/housekeeping deposit. A security deposit of £200 applies to all bookings for Cologin Farmhouse. This can be held against a credit card or an un-banked cheque. Should you arrive at Cologin with a group which does not meet these criteria we reserve the right to refuse the use of the accommodation. You may be asked to pay an additional security deposit at the time of take-over. We also reserve the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person(s) who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of it. In such cases, all hire charges paid will be refunded in full and the Contract shall be cancelled. If, in our opinion, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property, or annoyance to the holiday makers, the Contract may be terminated. In this event the hirer shall remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund will be due. The hirer is liable for any damage caused to the holiday home. We have the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practicable or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise. A number of Inner Hebridean lodges are specially adapted to make them suitable for wheelchair users. However, the disabled visitor should normally be accompanied by others to attend to their mobility requirements. It is essential that such parties state any special needs at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate them or point out which facilities may be unsuitable.
4.1 Deposit – When booking you must pay the deposit due OR the full balance if you are booking within 30 days of the start date of your holiday. If you wish to take out cancellation insurance this option is available online through Booking Protect and must be requested at the time of booking. Cancellation insurance is entirely optional however please note our terms relating to cancellation.
4.2 Balance – The balance is due 29 days before your holiday start date and if you have paid online via the Sagepay payment gateway your balance can be be processed automatically against the same card used to pay the deposit. For bookings made within 30 days of your holiday start date the full monies are payable at the time of booking. If payment is not made according to these terms we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and retain the deposit paid. Payment can be taken by cheque, bank transfer, credit or debit card. Please do not send money through the post. Third party vouchers can be used for payment once verified and redeemed. Payments made in this way cannot be refunded.
5. Cancellation – If you have to cancel your holiday for any reason, send us written notification and your cancellation will be effective from the date of receipt. If you cancel more than 30 days before the start date your deposit will be refunded less the first nights stay – whichever is the lower amount. If you cancel less than 30 days from the start date and we are successful in re-letting all of your holiday you will only forfeit your booking deposit. If we are only successful in re-letting part of your holiday and the value of the re-let is less than your outstanding balance of hire, you will also be held responsible for the difference. If we cannot re-let and the cancellation date is within 30 days of the start of your holiday, then you will be held responsible for the prompt payment of the full cost. All of your liabilities as stated above may be covered if you have Cancellation Insurance and your reason for cancellation is one of those covered.
6. “Force Majeure” – We regret we cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to force majeure. Circumstances amounting to force majeure include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your holiday home (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control. In such an event we will endeavour to offer you alternative holiday accommodation if available. If we cannot do so or if you do not wish to accept the alternative we offer, we will refund all monies you have paid to us in full. Where any cancellation or change results from force majeure, our liabilities are limited to offering you an alternative holiday home (where available) or full refund as set out above. We regret we cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change.
7. Occupancy – Occupancy shall be from 4 pm on the day of arrival to 10 am on the day of departure – unless special arrangements have been made a late departures may incur a £25 penalty The lodges are rented as a holiday let and are therefore not an private residential tenancy (see paragraph 6 of schedule 1 of the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016). The hirer shall use the accommodation solely for holiday purposes and the Hirer shall not sub-let the properties or any equipment hired to the hirer.
8. Pets – Pre-booked pets are welcome in our pet friendly properties only on pre-payment of an additional charge per animal of £5.00 per night. We do not allow more than two pets in the Inner Hebridean lodge, Cruachan or Cologin Farmhouse or one pet per Outer Hebridean chalet. There is no charge for guide dogs. Bring your pet basket and pooper scooper with you and please keep pets off bedding or other soft furnishings. Only well-behaved pets should be left unattended in the lodge and then only for short periods of time. Any damage caused by pets will be charged for. Subject to availability (and with advance notice) we may be able to kennel your pet in our stables so you can go out for the day without your pet.
When exercising your pet on the park it must be on a lead. Please clean up any fouling without delay; special bins are provided throughout the park. We have 17,000 acres of forest walks where your pet can walk off the lead. In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following recent government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept the following types of dog; American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fuila Brasileiro and Dogo Argentino even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation. Any other type of pet which could present a danger or alarm to other visitors is also excluded.
9. Vehicles – Your vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever other than in the case of negligence of our employees or agents. Please only park in designated parking areas and never on the grass! If you have booked the farmhouse please do not park inside the farmhouse courtyard.
10. Liability – We cannot accept liability for any damage, expenses, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause other than in the case of the negligence of our employees or agents. You are strongly recommended to take out appropriate personal insurance for your holiday.
11. Shortcomings – You must notify us of any shortcomings with your accommodation immediately so that corrective action can be taken. We cannot accept liability in relation to any shortcomings or claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify us of any complaint or claim during your holiday and write to us within 30 days of the end of your holiday.
J & L Battison – Cologin, Lerags Glen, Oban, Argyll, PA34 4SE